Moonblaster phase 1 complete
no no stop I can’t handle this
Now On Full Scrim
Koyaanisqatsi (1982; dir. Godfrey Reggio; cinematography Ron Fricke)
OTTAWA — Prime Minister Stephen Harper says one of the two lost ships from Sir John Franklin’s doomed Arctic expedition has been found.
Harper says it’s not known yet whether the ship is HMS Erebus or HMS Terror.
The find was confirmed on Sunday using a remotely operated underwater vehicle…
cute first date ideas: investigating paranormal cases across the united states and uncovering a major government conspiracy to hide the truth about the existence of extraterrestrials
Slap them all in togas instead of suits and it would perfect
It also follows a pyramidal composition!
However, I would argue that this picture is more Baroque than Renaissance. Notable features of Baroque art are:
- Images are direct, obvious, and dramatic.
- Tries to draw the viewer in to participate in the scene.
- Depictions feel physically and psychologically real. Emotionally intense.
- Extravagant settings and ornamentation.
- Dramatic use of color.
- Dramatic contrasts between light and dark, light and shadow.
- As opposed to Renaissance art with its clearly defined planes, with each figure placed in isolation from each other, Baroque art has continuous overlapping of figures and elements.
- Common themes: grandiose visions, ecstasies and conversions, martyrdom and death, intense light, intense psychological moments.
In the baroque, artists strove to evoke aesthetic responses. Now I’m not talking about aesthetic as in “oh thats pretty” I’m talking about aesthetic like that punch in the gut reaction you get to something.
One of the ways this was done was through the depiction of intense emotion which we see in this photograph. compare to Bernini
The picture also displays a wonderful use of chiaroscuro (an effect of contrasted light and shadow created by light falling unevenly or from a particular direction on something) a style used extensively by Caravaggio and other Baroque artists.
oh my god
This post keeps getting better.
Being the only surgeon in the Soviet Antarctic Expedition, Leonid Rogozov (27) had to perform surgeory on himself when he found out that his appendix was inflamed and could burst any moment. With the assistance of a meteorologist and an engineer (and some local anesthesia) he removed his appendix. Bad ass